GP | DOCTOR
Footsteps have a doctor available in every clinic.
On your first visit you will be expected to have a 20 minute appointment with one of our friendly doctors. Our doctors are all GPs who are able to take care of any of your medical needs, from a sore throat to things that might be making you feel stressed or anxious.
Information about seeing a GP at Footsteps
• You can see one of our doctors and still stay registered with your own GP.
• You can book an appointment online or over the phone. We also have some drop in slots available in each clinic.
• Everything that you discuss with our doctors is confidential, within limits. These limits are if we feel there is a risk to the health safety or welfare of you or another person.
• We are able to view your medical records, provided you give consent.
• You can be seen alone, or with a parent, carer or friend.
• See below for more information about our friendly GPs.
Dr Fiona Smith
MBChB MRCGP DCH PGCertClinEd (First registered 1996 Sheffield)
Clinical Lead Footsteps Youth Wellbeing
I have worked as a GP at Eaglescliffe Medical Practice since 2003. I also work as a GP Lecturer for Newcastle Medical School and am involved in regular teaching of medical students in the practice.
I have a special interest in adolescent health and am a member of the Royal College of GP’s Adolescent Health Group.
I set up Footsteps service in 2018, with support from Hast CCG and Hartlepool & Stockton Health. We were awarded a BMJ award for our consultation process, involving a youth panel and survey of the needs of local young people.